The Eco-Dentistry Association Member Pledge
As a Member of the Eco-Dentistry Association I am/we are committed to a dental profession which values both outstanding patient care and outstanding planetary care.
I/we recognize that as dental professionals we make decisions every day which impact the public’s health, and the health of our Earth.
As such, I/we pledge to consider the environmental impact of my/our practices in:
1. Dental processes and materials
2. Office administration and marketing
3. Office construction, design and furnishings
In making choices in these three areas I/we agree to:
- Rethink decisions and wherever possible to choose environmentally-sound options (e.g. using digital radiography, re-painting the office with non-toxic paints, installing an amalgam separator)
- Reduce the environmental impact of my/our practice (e.g. lowering energy consumption by converting light fixtures to energy-efficient fluorescents, using cloth sterilization methods)
- Reuse or re-purpose whatever I/we can (e.g. reusing lab boxes, buying washable lab coats)
- Recycle whatever I/we can (e.g. recycling office magazines, copy paper)
- I/we further pledge to:
- Demonstrate leadership by sharing "best practices” and innovations with other Eco-Dentistry Association Members
- Educate my/our team and patients about environmentally-sound practices
- Support suppliers who offer environmentally-sound products and services